Thursday, April 18, 2013

Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry

Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry

Ingredients:

Juice of 1 orange
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
3/4 pound lean thin-sliced top-round steak, trimmed and cut into strips
2 tsp Asian (dark) sesame oil
4 cups small broccoli florets

Combine orange juice, hoisin sauce, garlic, and pepper flakes in large bowl. Add steak and toss to coat.

Heat large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until drop of water sizzles on it. Add 1 tsp and swirl to coat pan. Remove steak from marinade (reserve marinade) and add to skillet. Stir fry until steak is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.

Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in skillet. Add broccoli and stir-fry until bright green, about 3 minutes. Add steak and reserved marinade. Stir fry until liquid has evaporated and steak is heated through, about 1 minute.

SERVES 4

Per serving: (1 1/4 cups): 188 Cal, 7g Total Fat, 2g Sat Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 49mg Chol, 176mg Sod, 10g Carb, 4g Sugar, 2g Fib, 23g Prot, 46mg Calc

WW POINTSPLUS = 5 (per serving)


1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite food, I really want to know on how to cook this recipe. I hope that I can cook this perfect so that I have now a recipe that was easy to cook. By the way, do you have a recipe for stir fry sauce? I don't know on how to make it because my friend ask me to make that recipe.

    ReplyDelete